Thursday, September 27, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS TO SKIPPY THE PD!!!


I have to take a moment to tell you how very fortunate I am to work for one of the greatest and most talented people that works in our industry: Dave Popovich (better known to you as Skippy the PD!!!)
You see, this is not the first time I have worked under his direction... when I started in radio about 7 years ago, we both worked for another company. He was the program director that gave me my VERY FIRST full-time job in radio... and working with him back then as a baby broadcaster, I learned so much. I came to Q104, and within the first 2 years of me being here, Skippy came on as our new PD. How exciting! Nearly everyone in our industry knows him and always has a kind word to say about him...
I hope this doesn't come across as me doing the 'ol kiss-the-bosses-butt kind of thing, because I'm really not. He's the man behind the scenes and isn't publicly recognized for his efforts and achievements nearly enough. He is truly one of the greatest motivators and mentors in my career. His creativity, drive and passion for Q104 trickles down to every single one of us on the staff. And it truly is an honor to work for him. If you ever get to meet him, please, congratulate him on this huge honor. Even send him a congrats email if you want through our "Comments to Skippy" link on q104.com: http://www.q104.com/pages/110199.php
DAVE POPOVICH, THE RADIO AND RECORDS HOT AC OM/PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home