Sunday, April 01, 2007

TAYLOR HICKS SOUNDCHECK PARTY AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES

How cool! On Saturday before his show at the House of Blues, Taylor Hicks did a soundcheck party with Q104 listeners... and what an experience it was! He sang about 4 or 5 songs for everyone and then spent time talking to each winner, signing things, taking photos etc. If you thought this guy was good on American Idol, to hear him live will blow you away. It appears to be so effortless for him... and the energy and spirit of this whole band was fantastic.
This is GRACE! OUR Q104 "HICKS IN A BOX" WINNER! She is a true "Soul Patroler"... and came prepared in her Team Taylor shirt and even gave him those beautiful roses... I think she about passed out when she actually got to meet him! (um, by the way, I think I almost did too...)
These guys are in the band... and they're just as cool and down-to-earth as Taylor seemed to be... we spent quite a bit of time chatting with them... Loren, on the right, actually wrote the first song on the album and serves as music director on the tour...
And here it is... the shining moment... I realize I may sound like a total dork, but I was a Taylor fan the entire Idol season and thought it was just so cool to actually be get a photo op with him! Probably goes down as one of my favorite radio moments so far in life...



I also have to point out, that this one of my bestest friends Rachel... we met Taylor on the day of her Bachelorette party so it was an extra special treat for her... and she is such a brat because the minute we looked at these pix, she couldn't stop pointing out the fact that Taylor actually looks much "happier" in this picture than in the one he took with me, AND she put her hand on him for the pic. She's such a terd... I think I'm just jealous because the 'lil B!t%h is right! And by the way just before this pic was taken, she shoved me and said "get out of my picture B!%ch"... and Taylor also found that quite entertaining. So she's also bragging to everyone that "Taylor Hicks thinks she's funny..."

1 Comments:

Blogger stacy shroyer said...

Jen ...cry baby here, lol...soundcheck was awesome and Taylor was fantastic. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this experience was...the Q rocks for doing this for the listeners and for Taylors fans!! THANK YOU Q-104

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home