Tuesday, January 01, 2008

WHAT A GREAT WEEK!

It was so nice to have a chunk of time to spend at home with my family... usually it's a weekend trip, so at xmastime I try to stay as long as I can. Had so much fun relaxing, eating, seeing all of my relatives, eating, playing with the kids, eating, checking out the new winery in my hometown, eating, napping, eating... you get the drift. Here's some photos from my week off:
I keep in touch regularly with only two of my friends from high school... this is one of them. Samantha and her 4 month old son Frank (so cute!). We went to the "Christmas Dance" at the local country club with Sams brother Dante and his fiancee and her parents (her husband couldn't make it into town for the event so I was her date)... and oh no, I'm not kidding, it was an actual dance.

Christmas Eve the fam exchanges gifts. This year? I sent my parents on a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find "Wicked" tickets at the end. It's one of my favorite shows and I'm SO EXCITED that they're going to see it for the first time in February!
Hangin' with my brothers is always one of the most fun parts of home visits... here they both are with my incredibly shrinking grandma. I swear she gets tinier every time we see her...
My bros and I, again, with what we like to call "Shane Souffle". Some new corn souffle recipe my mom made at Thanksgiving and again at Xmas dinner. It's delicious.
Every night we all hung out... whether it was at my parents house, aunts and uncles, whatever. We even got the new "music edition" of Catchprase. If you've never played, OH. MY. GOD. You must. SO FUN!! I wish I had audio of us playing so you could hear it... too funny.

Overall, great time off. Great holiday. Great doing the morning show the week before I left town. Looking forward to being back on the air at 3 on Wednesday, though... I missed Q104!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home