Sunday, October 28, 2007

Feeling a bit pensive this evening...

... it's about 11 pm on Sunday evening and I'm coming down from a fantastic weekend. And I'm having one of those moments where I want to share. So today's blog is more of a "journal-esque" type entry.

Often when I'm online checking emails/show prepping and such at home, I'm listening to music. On this particular evening, I'm very thankful of how music can move me. There are certain songs in life... just ones that you can really feel. It's something about the way it sounds, combined with the actual lyrics, and the mood it creates when you hear it- the way it sometimes completely tells the story of what YOU are currently experiencing. When I listen to songs like that, it's almost like they swallow me. I'm completely surrounded and loving the whole experience of the song. Some songs like that in my past: "Color Blind" The Counting Crows, "Video Killed The Radio Star" The Buggles (cheesy as it may be), "I Shall Believe" Sheryl Crow, "Stay or Leave" and "So Damned Lucky" by Dave Matthews and "All I Need" Mat Kearney are just a few that immediately come to mind.

My most current song that moves me? "Apologize" by Timbaland and One Republic. The lyrics are so simple yet so very powerful in my opinion. So tonight, I wanted to post them here. If you haven't heard the song yet, you'll LOVE it. And you'll hear it on Q104.

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize,
it's too late
I'd take another chance,
take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new -
yeah yeah
I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holdin on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very awesome song. Sounds like you had a very intersting Sunday and/or weekend :)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home