Monday, April 28, 2008

IS THIS PHOTO TO RACY FOR 15 YEAR OLD MILEY CYRUS?



Miley and Dad... normal or inapropriate to you?




She says she's "embarassed" by it now... Here's the story from omg.yahoo.com:

LOS ANGELES - Miley Cyrus is taking issue with a photo of herself that's going around, and it's not another amateur, truth-or-dare Internet snapshot — it's the handiwork of Annie Leibovitz.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Cyrus said Sunday in a statement through her publicist. "I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about."

The photos, appearing in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair, were taken by Leibovitz, a renowned celebrity photographer whose edgy, silver-toned portraits have included subjects such as Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and a naked, pregnant Demi Moore.

"I'm sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted," Leibovitz said in a statement released by Vanity Fair. "Miley and I looked at fashion photographs together and we discussed the picture in that context before we shot it. The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little makeup, and I think it is very beautiful."

The Cyrus pictures accompany an interview with the 15-year-old pop star and her father, singer Billy Ray Cyrus. One photo in particular is causing the biggest stir: the teen idol is wrapped in what appears to be a satin bedsheet, looking over her shoulder with her back exposed.

The Disney Channel, which airs Cyrus' TV show "Hannah Montana," was also critical of Vanity Fair.

"Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," a network statement said.

Vanity Fair defended the story and photo shoot in a statement of its own.

"Miley's parents and/or minders were on the set all day," the magazine said. "Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley."

In a caption released by Vanity Fair with the photo, Cyrus expressed her comfort with how the apparently topless picture turned out.

"I think it's really artsy," she told the magazine at the time. "It wasn't in a skanky way. Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought that was really cool. That's what she wanted me to do, and you can't say no to Annie."

A handful of borderline racy snapshots of a girl who appeared to be Cyrus have appeared on the Internet in recent months, including images of a girl posing in her underwear and bikini last week. In one shot, she's draped over a young man.

Cyrus is one of the biggest — and most G-rated — acts in the country and is often considered a role model for young girls. Her "Best of Both Worlds" tour sold out arenas, and her successful 3-D concert film collected $31.3 million in its opening weekend in February.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe that this picture is ok but a little too much i think for a 15 year old. I believe she should have been a litle more covered up.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being that my kids are all big Hannah Montana fans and knowing how close Billy Ray and Miley are (and being a mom of a daughter who too is close to her father), no I do not think the photo racy. I see love between a father and a daughter.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being that all three of my kids are big Hannah Montana fans and knowing how close Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus are, and being the mother of a daughter who too is close to her father, I see love between a father and a daughter in that photo and nothing racy.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so mad the day this came out. I watched it early in the morning when the story first came out BUT they explained that she appologized about the pictures and explained how it was suppose to be artistic. The media took this way to far it seems like every channel I went to the were bring it up every hour never explaining the whole story just showing the pictures over and over - never mentioning about the statement she put out. I think it makes a big difference. She is 15 years old she is a kid - they get excited about new things in life and ready to jump in head first. Shame on the photographer who took advantage of a 15 year old girl. She said oh we talked about it and looked at other pictures what 15 year old girl would not want to feel grown up and do pictures that her past idols have done. But there is plenty of time for that when she is older. They put the thought in her head. As for her parents - it is not easy raising kids we do the best for them. Obviously her father cares and does what is best for her you can tell - we are human and like children don't always make the best decisions. Digital camera or not - shots for minor should be approved after the excitement of the shoot has come and gone so clear thinking can happen. I am sure if they saw the picture on paper blown up they would have reconsidered. The press just wanted to take something good and find whatever dirt they could - that is sad that they do that for celebs especially children -
Most kids would have never even saw the magazine if the media did not bring it up over and over every hour. This is sad - I will continue to let my 3 kids watch the show and enjoy her music. The show if sweet and educationally funny. Hopefully this will blow over. - My husband and I still remain GFM.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the picture with her and her father is ok, but the one or her by herself is just a little to racy for a young girl.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think its not as racy as they have made it out to be.She is covered up. Do you think this would be such a big deal if it were david archuletta instead? I don,t think so. As for Billy Ray? Is he hot or what. I think the pix are very tasteful.Bev

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home